Thursday, August 27, 2020

Why I'm voting for one of two senile old white men, and what steps I'm taking and encouraging to make sure this doesn't continue happening.

3 years ago I refused to vote for Hillary Clinton.

This time around I am similarly disappointed and disturbed about the Democrat nominee. However, I did not see the same level of malicious behavior from multiple entities that I saw last time. I think the facts are simply that the larger percentage of the voting (this word is key because I recognize deficits in civics education and voter suppression as major contributors) population prefers those types of candidates.

Now, why this is, is a deep question I'm very interested in. And I wrote some analyses and proposals:
* Damage to our biology.
* Chronic disease and general poor health & function.
* Collapse is inevitable because of ignorant, dumb people?

In short, I see it from a biology perspective - most people are in such poor health, poorly developed, and poorly functioning, and they vote for people as poorly functioning as them due in part to phenomena like the Dunning-Kruger effect. We have been going down the path of Idiocracy, and voting for a 3rd party or refusing to vote is not going to fix that. It's the low brain function of the vast majority that has resulted in the choice between two senile old white men. This problem has been drastically worsening and anything other than addressing the root cause will be useless.

If you look at the 2016 US presidential elections, the 3 main candidates’ supporters were separated into blatantly distinct phenotypes/tiers of health. And in my opinion, by far the most unhealthy one won. There’s supporting evidence for obesity rates, and much more [1][2]. This same unhealthy portion of the population votes for representatives who exacerbate, rather than fix, the issues that contribute to the poor health of the population — like environmental/industrial pollution, various health & education policies, etc. Thus the self-perpetuating, ever-expanding nature of the problem.

This constant tug-of-war is a waste of time and energy. Most people are prone to believing certain things/ways and won't be convinced otherwise. The only solution is to raise the level of functioning of the vast majority, and slow and reverse the ever-expanding proportion of the population that is poorly developed and poorly functioning.

Here's the link to my proposed fixes, in a bill proposal format. And it is expounded upon in the above links and this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched Don't Look Up (2021). This is just more useless masturbation. Your movie is not going to fix people’s biological defects. People aren’t going to watch it and think “oh my, how foolish and wrong we were, thank you for enlightening us”.

    You've merely identified one of numerous problematic symptoms. More people need to understand the root biological causes and start helping to solve them.

    ReplyDelete